If you make a wish when the clock hits 11:11 or you’ve noticed that your coffee order always comes out to exactly $3.33, you might be interested in numerology. It’s the idea that numbers carry with them a certain energy or meaning in the universe. If you’re seeing the same series of repeating numbers in different places — such as on license plates, receipts, clocks, and in addresses — these might be what numerologists would call your “angel numbers.”
Angel numbers are a series of repeating digits, like 111, 222, 333, and so on. If you’re suddenly noticing the same series of numbers in different places, some people think this is a divine message coming to you from the universe, God, or whatever power you believe in. Each series of numbers conveys a different meaning. It could be the world’s way of telling to get in touch with your crafty side, or maybe it’s a message about a big change that’s headed your way. Other angel numbers point to hard work paying off, or the start of a new chapter in your life.
Angel numbers are just one way of thinking about the world and gaining clarity. People with an interest in numerology might also be interested in finding their life path number. Others might find meaning by reflecting on special Bible verses, meditating, or taking a walk. There are plenty of ways to get in touch with your spirituality.
More From Woman's Day
If you’re curious about how to find your angel numbers and discover what they mean, we’ve got all the answers right here.
What are angel numbers?
In numerology, angel numbers are a repetitive sequence of three or four numbers that appear in seemingly random places in your life to convey a spiritual or divine message. For instance, if you always seem to catch the clock at 5:55 p.m., or you always seem to be behind a license plate with 222 in it, that might be your angel number.
How can you find your angel numbers?
Keep an eye out for repeating sequences of numbers. Novalee Wilder, author of A Little Bit of Numerology, explained in an interview with Parade that people might spot their angel numbers anywhere that sequences of numbers often appear: license plates, addresses, phone numbers, prices at the store, digital clocks, and many other places.
What should you do when you see your angel numbers?
Angel numbers can carry different meanings. In the interview with Parade, Wilder suggested meditating or otherwise getting into a calm headspace and considering what the numbers could mean for your life. The trick is to keep an open mind so that you can understand and be receptive to whatever the world is trying to tell you.
What do your angel numbers mean?
Although the angel numbers can have distinct meanings depending on the individual, there are some common interpretations for certain sequences.
- 000. According to The Angel Writer, 000 represents a form of spiritual guidance. If you’re seeing this, it might be a sign of support from whatever spiritual power you believe in. The number zero is also associated with beginnings, so this angel number might mean that you’re ready to start something new.
- 111. The angel number 111 means that your dreams are being manifested. You’re bringing prosperity into your life, and whatever spiritual power you feel connected to is there to help guide you.
- 222. According to Hidden Numerology, the angel number 222 suggests that you’re at a place in your life where you are seeking a sense of balance and trust. Maybe you’re searching for peace within yourself and/or in your close relationships, or maybe you’re approaching a new start to something harmonious in your life.
- 333. If you’re suddenly seeing the number 333 everywhere, it’s time to lean into your creative pursuits. According to The Secret of the Tarot, the number 3 is associated with creativity. Seeing the number 333 is a gentle reminder that your angels are supporting you as you take an exciting step forward in your life.
- 444. The website SunSigns explains that the angel number 444 is associated with honesty and inner wisdom. If you’re seeing this, it could mean that your spiritual guides are encouraging you to look inward for answers to the challenges you’re facing. It also is an acknowledgement that you’ve been working hard, so give yourself a pat on the back.
- 555. According to Hidden Numerology, seeing the number 555 means that there are big changes on the horizon. Your angels are reminding you to stay confident and positive as these new adventures get underway.
- 666. Though this number has some negative associations, it isn’t necessarily a bad thing if this is your angel number. According to The Habitat, the angel number 666 could be a sign that you need to find balance, reframe negative thoughts, and establish trust in yourself.
- 777. If you’ve suddenly noticed 777 everywhere you look, then the universe might be telling you that good fortune is on the way. YourTango notes that this number can mean that you should seek out spiritual fulfillment.
- 888. The website Chakra To Ya explains that the angel number 888 is a message that your hard work is paying off. If this is your angel number, keep your eyes open for an unexpected financial gain.
- 999. Time to say goodbye. If 999 is your angel number, it’s a sign that some aspect of your life is coming to an end, according to Willow Soul. It could be a relationship or friendship that has run its course, or maybe it’s time to leave a job that’s making you unhappy. It’s hard to say goodbye, but you’ve got the spiritual guides on your side to help you start something new.
Jamie Ballard (she/her) is a freelance writer and editor who covers news, lifestyle, and entertainment topics, including sex and relationships, TV, movies, books, health, pets, food and drinks, pop culture, shopping, and personal finance. She regularly contributes to Cosmopolitan, Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, and YouGov, among other publications. When she’s not working, you can find her running, traveling, or scrolling TikTok. Follow her on Twitter.